Construction Defect Paralegal
About the Firm and Construction Defect Paralegal:
This Firm is seeking a well-rounded, highly motivated and experienced construction defect paralegal. The successful candidate should be focused on attention to detail, have a demonstrated ability to perform under many deadlines, moving this busy litigation docket forward, be able to, multitask and be computer savvy. Must be a team player and possess the ability to deal professionally with attorneys, clients, court personnel and counsel. Must have a good work ethic, a positive attitude and good attendance.
Why Take this Opportunity?
• 'Great environment to work in'
Kind, respectful and appreciative attorneys
• Dental Vision Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
Responsibilities of The Construction Defect Litigation Paralegal
• Prepare correspondence and e-file court ready state and federal pleadings, motions and responses to motions with attention to detail
• Draft and respond to discovery request (interrogatories, request for production, request for disclosure, request for admission, deposition notices etc.)
• Organize and summarize large volumes of case related documents and be able to locate and reference specific documents quickly (such as exhibits for a trial/deposition, key discovery responses or correspondence that contain relevant communication)
• Maintain the litigation and attorneys calendars, including phone conference, meetings, case deadlines, trial dates, hearings, medications and depositions, including dates from scheduling orders and docket control orders
• Document, organize and assist to prepare lawsuits for trail and arbitrations for hearing
• Deal professionally with clients, counsel and court personnel
• Save and organize pleadings, motions etc. that are e-filed or sent by email daily and calendar relevant dates and deadlines daily
• Maintain daily organization of high volume docket
Qualifications of The Construction Defect Paralegal
• Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of calendaring, billing their time, litigation support, attention to detail and competency with procedural rules in Federal and State Courts.
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to do this job.
• Minimum of 5 year of Texas ligation experience (preferably defense) as litigation paralegal in a law Firm in Texas; experience in construction defect litigation a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, I-Manage and either PDF Nuance or Adobe Pro.
• Strong organizational skill, ability to handle multiple files and multitask
• Punctual and reliable with great work ethic, also billing for time /time entry ability
• Excellent written, verbal and communicative skills as well as a positive attitude
• Flexibility, composure and the ability to prioritize and handle urgent task when needed
• Experience with the state and federal court e-filing
• Experience calculating and calendaring deadlines
• Attention to detail and take pride in work product, ability to put out a quality work product.
• Ability to plan daily workflow and prioritize competing deadlines