Staff Accountant Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately-held construction company headquartered in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Staff Accountant Opportunity:
• A family-owned organization that has continued to grow through three generations.
• The company voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Houston for over a decade!
• The accounting group alone added 9 new positions this past year through growth from acquisitions.
Perks of the Staff Accountant role?
• Visible role directly with the owners
• Competitive Compensation Package with great benefits
• A laid-back and collaborative environment
Overview of the Staff Accountant role:
• Identifies and tracks projects from their inception into and thru the pre-development phase.
• Prepares supporting documentation for construction loan closings to fund the project.
• Prepare monthly bank draws for each construction project by receiving the monthly construction billings
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts
• Keeps accounting books accurate by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements and reconciling accounts.
• Prepares monthly job cost reports for CMs including updating project budgets as needed.
• Prepares monthly financial reporting packages and delivers to management.
• Prepares and analyses expenses against budget and prepares variance explanations.
• Prepares special lender/investor schedules and ensures compliance with bank requirements.
Preferred Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
• Bachelors in Accounting
• 2+ Years of Construction or Property Accounting Experience