Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Consumer Loan Processor at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to act as the primary liaison between members, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party vendors as it pertains to the consumer loan origination. The Consumer Loan Processor communicates with members and 3rd parties, solicits and reviews documentation, processes requests for modifications & adjustments to loan applications and loan funding all while ensuring quality decision making and adhering to departmental standards for accuracy, turnaround time, and communication.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for communication via e-mail, phone, fax, Salesforce, and postal mail between members, consumer underwriters, management, 3rd party partners, and internal stakeholders throughout the consumer loan origination process. Maintain a working knowledge of product-level requirements, loan limits, and other details for Auto Loans (direct and indirect), Credit Cards, and Personal Loans, and Lines of Credit.
- Monitor various loan queues to ensure applications are expedited through the consumer loan origination process.
Analyze and review documentation related to consumer loan applications with an emphasis on accuracy, legitimacy, and completeness of required documentation.
- Responsible for the consumer loan funding function, including preparation and review of loan packets for accuracy and completeness, and disbursal of loan proceeds.
Maintain a working knowledge of current loan fraud trends, leveraging internal tools and resources to review applications for potential fraud.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of consumer loan origination systems and departmental procedures to promote and recommend opportunities for improvements to increase efficiency, streamline processes, or contain costs/losses.
- Review policies, procedures, and guidelines and makes recommendations for improvement.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in financial services, preferably in a processing or customer service position, is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills preferred
- Working knowledge of consumer loan origination practices highly preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Limited travel to various worksites is not required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.