Direct Reports to:
San Antonio, TX
HPEMG is a healthcare company operating in the hospice space. We operate a number of individual hospice agencies across Texas, develop and sell hospice licenses and provide management services to hospice agencies.
We are looking for a Controller resource with exposure to healthcare industry – hospice, home health, outpatient services preferred to lead a small team in this rapidly growing company. Multi-company and consolidation experience is a must.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Ensure the accuracy of the Company’s financial statements through the preparation of the monthly financial statements on QuickBooks as well as the month end reconciliation process for all accounts.
- Work with the multiple QB instances for each agency, as well as the consolidating reporting tool to provide individual and consolidated financial reporting,other financial reports, including bank/debt compliance reporting. Update internal KPI’s and metrics being tracked.
- Monthly review of spending/budget compliance with department owners.
- Support and participate in the budget process and work with leadership to update forecasting including cash flow forecasting.
- Manage bank accounts and cash flow as appropriate.
- Analyze monthly financial statements, highlighting and reporting key operating issues to operating management.
- Develop and maintain appropriate financial and administrative policies and procedures including appropriate internal controls.
- Assume responsibility for all accounting functions including:
Review and posting of information from outsourced billing firm
General accounting and bookkeeping
- Provide responsive service to operational departments.
- Coordinate the preparation of information for external tax accountants.
- Coordinate or participate in other projects and perform other duties as directed.
- Supervise a team of bookkeeper and staff accounts who manage daily transaction activity.
Years of Relevant Experience:
3-5 Years of relevant finance and accounting experience.
2+ years of experience in a Controllership role
Bachelors Degree in a accounting or related field
· Advanced Excel skills.
· Advanced QuickBooks skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Culturally aware including a high level of interpersonal skills.
· Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
· Persuasive Communicator able to clearly and confidently articulate a position.
· Self-starter and a strong team player who is flexible with a positive “can do” attitude.
· Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and decision making skills.
· Demonstrated ability to function independently, multi-task and realign priorities as needed.
· Current understanding of GAAP including revenue recognition for SaaS based companies.