San Antonio, TX
System One is currently seeking a Corporate Cook for our client’s office in San Antonio, TX office. The successful incumbent will work the front line, engage with customers and staff, and provide information as requested about nutritional content, ingredients, preparation techniques etc.
Corporate Cook Responsibilities
- Responsible for the setup, product requisition, food production, service, and cleaning of their assigned foodservice station and all duties associated with those stations outlined in station SOP.
- Draft and review daily production sheets to plan your daily production based on the weekly and other specials to be served.
- Measure, mix, portion and prepare items using the proper ingredients and techniques detailed in the standardized recipes or by management.
- Comply with all health department Standards of Operation and procedures for food receiving, preparation, handling, and storage
- Perform “other” job-related duties as assigned by the Café Supervisor or management.
- Assure all foodservice cooking and production equipment is shut off at the end of the shift, and that all refrigeration equipment is running while maintaining a safe temperature.
- Clean and sanitize all foodservice equipment and production services on their assigned station at the end of the day.
- Wrap, label, date, and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines.
- Review upcoming menus to order and prepare for those service periods.
- Limit any down time, accomplish assigned tasks as quickly and efficiently as possible without compromising quality
- Use any excess time to assist fellow cooks or clean kitchen.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Help receiving all food orders and transfer those items to their proper storage location.
- Assure all food is stored properly based on kitchen SOPs and health department standards.
Corporate Cook Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional cook experience in a corporate dining facility, private restaurant, or hotel operation.
- Must have experience in and knowledge of methods and procedures relating to food preparation and presentation.
- Ability to understand and apply oral and written instructions.
- Work efficiently while prioritizing safe work practices.
- ServSafe (or similar state recognized certification institution) Food Handlers Certification.
Local candidates preferred. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary will commensurate with experience. Competitive Benefits package.