Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol/green diesel producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
In this role, you’ll be joining the team responsible for the development of exceptional talent at Valero. As a Training & Development Specialist, you will provide for the professional development of Valero’s leadership, management, supervisory, operations and support personnel. This includes facilitating training for leadership and employees across the organization – both virtually and in-person. Creating and managing professional development programs targeted at building professional, leadership or department specific knowledge, skills and abilities. And, enhancing the quality and effectiveness of training by analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating training programs and initiatives. As part of Team Valero, the work you do will impact employee development across 15 refineries and 14 renewable energy plants, pipelines & terminals, our green diesel facilities and our corporate office.
- Facilitate virtual and in-person training sessions for leadership development, performance management, and professional and technical skills.
- Design and develop training curriculum, job aids and course materials.
- Review program evaluation data to assess training program effectiveness and recommend necessary changes.
- Consult with various levels of leadership to facilitate the implementation of training initiatives and upgrades to new and existing programs.
- Create and manage professional development programs using the ADDIE model.
- Prioritize and multi-task in order to manage multiple projects while working both independently and by collaborating with teams.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to provide ongoing project status updates, potential issues, successes and lessons learned.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation and influence change at all levels of the organization.
- Build positive relationships and work with others to accomplish challenging assignments.
- Act as a training liaison with company field locations to provide recommendations about and schedule training.
- Embrace the Valero culture of Safety, Accountability, Teamwork, Doing the Right Thing, Excellence, and Caring in all facets of the job.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have (required) :
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years of facilitation and training and development experience.
- Ability to facilitate virtual and in-person sessions credibly with employees at all levels of an organization.
- Experience designing, developing and managing professional development programs.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, digital learning tools and Webex.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Ability to travel up to 50% – 60%.
The most competitive candidates will have (preferred) :
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Human Resources, Education, Adult Learning, Psychology, or related area.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to build and manage training programs from needs analysis to evaluation, work with multiple stakeholders, ensure program is delivered on time, and delivers desired business outcomes.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding? Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- A sprawling campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
The above description reflects the primary job function and may not include all detailed job functions performed in the role.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.