About the Company
Our client is a growing and fast paced manufacturing organization with deep roots in San Antonio and a presence across the world. This organization is a leader in their field with a consistent track record of superior quality. The company is gearing up for expansion and needs people in accounting who will help support this growth. This accounting team sets high expectations, works hard and delivers!
Perks of the Cost Accounting Manager:
• Upward mobility career growth
• Great benefits to include 401k, PTO, onsite clinic, and gym!
• Competitive compensation with a healthy bonus!
• Growing company, never a dull moment!
• Work-life balance, 40 hour work weeks with flexible start and end times
• Team building activities culture building initiatives
• Tons of projects for process improvements, Month-end close is 1 day!
Responsibilities of the Cost Accountant:
• Develop inventory analysis, monitor transactions, audit monthly inventory physical counts, and reconcile/analyze inventory accounts to the general ledger
• Assist in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory
• Prepare monthly inventory detail reporting and activity reports in addition to progress reports related to WIP and full physical inventory
• Lead the Standard Costing process
• Develop standards for new products
• Verify accurate standard costs
• Prepare product cost and profitability analysis
• Assist with forecasting and long range plan processes
• Assist in monthly Manufacturing and SGA forecasting process
• Lead monthly review meetings with stakeholders to review costs to plan
• Maintain the general ledger related to manufacturing and inventory including the preparation of journal entries, coding of invoices, account analysis and reconciliations, monthly closing of the financials, variance analysis (manufacturing, PPV, sales volume and price, etc), and summary slides for Monthly Management meetings.
• Prepare and analyze financial information
• Responsible for preparation of select account reconciliations related to manufacturing and inventory
• Interface with auditors both internal and external
• Perform ad hoc reporting
• Other assignments as required by the leadership team to meet the goals and objectives of the organization
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3+ years of cost accounting experience
• Manufacturing Experience
• Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
• Advanced level of Microsoft Excel Skills required