Kforce is looking for a Crude Accountant for an excellent opportunity in San Antonio, TX.
This role performs moderately complex Crude Accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements. You will review crude contracts to ensure accurate recording and settlement of crude inventory.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies
- Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements
- Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts
- Identifies efficiency gaps and recommends ways to improve processes and standards
- Prepares analysis and financial reports and statements, which may include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, variance analysis, regulatory reports, and filings
- Prepares schedules for internal groups and external auditors
- Reviews crude & secondary contracts for appropriate recording of inventory and costs
- Provides GL for crude invoices to AP for appropriate recording
- Provides management with actionable accounting and variance analysis