Job Description Summary
Position provides effective customer services via telephone and in person to clients and community members regarding the selection, enrollment, and eligibility requirements for various Texas Health and Social Services Programs by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of enrollment requirements program information and polices. Identifies, develops, and builds relationships with community, state and faith based organizations to enhance presence in the community.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- Bachelor’s degree in social work preferred. DSHS Community Health Worker certification preferred.
- Two years of human services experience or experiences dealing with the public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Ability to work with customers in a caring and respectful manner and with due understanding of and consideration for
their unique circumstances.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is often performed conducting home visits, presentations, and part in an office environment.
- Reliable transportation with proper insurance and Texas Driver’s License that meet the State of Texas requirements.
- Highly developed problem solving skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams preferred.
- Medicaid knowledge preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct one-on-one and group outreach presentations to recipients and community members.
- Present program education and enrollment options to recipients.
- Present managed care options to recipients and assist them in using their health care and dental plans.
- Maintain positive relationships with county staff, state agencies, community groups and recipients.
- Complete direct data entry into designated internal automated systems in accordance with project policies and procedures.
- Conduct outreach including phone calls, home visits and community presentations in the field in accordance with project policy and procedures (75% of the time).
- Establish and maintain knowledge of community and participates in community events, health fairs, and other activities as needed.
- Assist other Outreach Counselors and other team members with management and completion of daily duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 6 months - 2 years of experience.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.