Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Clerk in Collaborative Care within Local Care Delivery, primarily responsibilities include the screen and distribution of incoming electronic faxes, faxing back approvals and other notifications, moving electronic records into member’s Macess folders, tracking volume of faxes by type (prior auth, expedited, admits, clinicals), batching letters for mail distribution, sending letters via UPS and prepping denial letters for mailing. Responsible for ordering supplies for the Utilization Management and Claims Department. Works independently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates schedule flexibility, such as available for overtime or ability to make shift changes.
- Monitoring incoming electronic faxes in Microsoft Outlook
- Sending electronic faxes via Outlook
- Sorting letters and checking for errors; batching for mailing via the Distribution Center
- Tracking fax volume by type daily; report monthly volume to Optum Medical Network Reporting Analyst
- Distribute expedited and unofficial stats to Coordinator staff via Outlook
- Moving electronic records (clinical info) to R.N. staff for review, documents receipt of clinical in Facets case
- Act as a team resource for distributing hard copies as needed; monitors printers
- Maintain compliance with turnaround times based on the member’s product, the type of request and the specific regulatory agency
- Ordering supplies
- Performing general clerical tasks such as copying, printing, and scanning
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of experience in an office environment
- Typing skills of at least 35 words per minute
- Basic MS/Office (Word, Outlook)
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 1+ year of telephonic or face-to-face customer service experience
- Ability to work with multiple people in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and organized
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: clerical, customer service, healthcare, data entry, San Antonio, TX, Texas