Great Opportunity - Cyber Security Analyst
Local to San Antonio Only
Vaco is partnering with a top-notch company in the San Antonio area to hire a passionate, enthusiastic, and inspired individual for the role of Cyber Security Analyst who will play a key role for the organization. We are searching for an Analyst to safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
CSA Level I Job Responsibilities:
Cyber Security Qualifications / Skills:
- Network security
- Problem solving
- Information security policies
- Cyber Security Vulnerability analysis tools administration
- Firewall administration
- Network protocols
- Penetration testing tools
- End user communication skills
- Process improvement
- Cooperate with matrixed team members to meet goals or complete tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance; detail-orientation is a must.
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective collaborator with proven process improvement skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to consistently learn new technologies and apply those concepts to customer's needs.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Keep up to date on technology trends, developments & best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical audiences.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
- equivalent education or work experience
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and
- protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth
- and common security elements.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g.
- Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet
- Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least
- one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security
- Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk, etc)
- Experience developing and deploying signatures (e.g. YARA, Snort,
- Suricata, HIPS)
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows),
- VMware technology, and Unix and basic Unix commands
- Experience with Office 365 and Azure with a heavy focus in securitybased
- functions and best practices.