With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
Working as part of the Defense Applications and Network Support program supporting the development, testing and sustainment of an Air Force Weapon System and the components / sensors in a SAFe Agile environment. Will work closely with the System Integration Lab (SIL) engineers, as well as developers, and testers to complete Product Increments for the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs independent high-level design of enterprise application systems.
- Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework.
- Works with systems users in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns for complex projects.
- Performs cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components.
- Generates a set of acceptance test requirements for complex systems, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user to determine that all of the high-level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
- May participate in business development activities.
- Work with architecture team and development team as the expert in Virtualization domain of architecture.
- Build and develop strategy documentation and architectural artifacts.
- Work with engineers and architects on technology selection, architecture, and planning activities.
- Investigate and evaluate next generation technologies, present proposals to solve current and future business and technical challenges.
- Incorporate latest industry trends and advances into the solution and product portfolio.
Requirements and Education
- Expertise in virtualization architecture using technologies (VMWare ESX, Red Hat, Hyper-V, etc.) Expert 7+ Years
- Hands on Orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, CoreOS Fleet Expert 5+ Years
- Hands on administration experience with Virtualization Platforms like KVM/XEN/VMWare Expert 5+ Years
- Networking fundamentals -> VLANs, VIPs, TCP vs UDP vs HTTP Intermediate 3 - 5 Years
- Security Fundamentals -> SSL /TLS versions, Encryption/Decryption Intermediate 3 - 5 Years
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, changing environment and work well under pressure.
- Building and Managing Virtual Machines using KVM and XEN based Hypervisors Expert 7+ Years
- Embedded Systems Software - Linux and Unix Expert 7+ Years
- Software Defined Networking Implementation and Management Expert 7+ Years
- Software Defined Storage Implementation and Management Expert 7+ Years
- Solid experience with templating and automation scripting (Chef, Python, Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell, Bash, etc.). Expert 5+ Years
- Solid Understanding of IAAS and PAAS Concepts Expert 5+ Years
- Experience with Open Source and Commercial Virtualization Management tools (VM's and Containers) Expert 5+ Years
- Experience implementing and using DevOps for Infrastructure Services Expert 5+ Years
- Experience with implementing Infrastructure as Code Expert 5+ Years
- Project management skills (traditional or Agile).
- Any relevant certifications in one or more of the following: Linux Certification, VMWare Certified (VCP-DCV), Kubernetes Certified (CKAD/CKA), Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info