Role: Data Engineer- SIE Data Platform & Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA 92127 - Remote
Contract Type: W2
Salary Type: W2
Data Engineer- SIE Data Platform & Engineering
This is a Data Engineer position in the Data Platform Engineering group, responsible for development of PlayStation Network’s Data Platform. We are currently driving an exciting initiative to modernize our data platform through use of SaaS solutions such as Snowflake, and AWS native services. We are looking for Data engineers with strong background in software development and automation skills to build best-in-class scalable, highly available data warehouse solutions to enable our fast-growing business through data and insights.
- You will play a role in design, development, automation, quality, operations for data solutions
- You will be part of a team building data and software solutions that enable frictionless data delivery, enabling business value to our internal business units
- You will be expected to build a deep understanding of Playstation data and help data consumers drive business value from the data
- You will participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for continuous improvement.
- Mentors and inspires to effectively deliver awesome software/data solutions!
Description/Comment:*Architect and lead technology of the high traffic, large scale, global Data Warehouse Platform.
*Leads, caches, mentors and inspires team of data, software, quality and operations engineers to effectively deliver data warehouse technology stack.
*Collaborate across business units, product teams and architecture community to develop data platform vision, strategy, and roadmap.
*Effectively lead teams in researching new and emerging technologies to realize potential value, business fit and operations and cost efficiencies.
*Leverage technical expertise and industry trends to influence business and product strategy and development best practices.