The Data Scientist 2 role is an exciting, dynamic role within the Enterprise Information Security (EIS) Cyber Data Science team. Our data science team builds innovative solutions to improve UHG’s cybersecurity stance. The data and systems we protect are distributed across the world, are a complex combination of technologies, and are always evolving. Cyber security data is collected in structured, unstructured, and semi-structured formats, at varying velocities, and in a complex, dynamic security environment. The ideal candidate has experience creatively navigating development, analytic, and engineering challenges within a large organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with internal customers to produce meaningful data science models that impact cybersecurity
- Collecting, cleaning, processing, and analyzing data related to enterprise cybersecurity
- Developing data science models within an operational CICD pipeline
- Working with source data teams to understand security and operational processes through data
- Remaining up to date and on the cutting edge of data science and big data technology
- Constantly learning and adapting to new techniques, languages, and technologies
- 1 or more years of experience delivering statistical models to customers in a large organization
- 1 year of real-world data science experience in a large organization or supporting a large organization
- Background experience with data engineering with an affinity for developing code from the command line
- Foundational knowledge in information technology, including hardware, networking, architecture, protocols, file systems and operating systems
- Fluency in Python
- Experience in the cyber security domain
- 1 year of experience using Big Data resource and job managers including YARN
- 1 years of implementing products within Big Data solutions including Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
- PySpark experience
- Petabyte-scale experience with Big Data and data science
- Experience working with Big Data systems
- SQL, H2O, Unix, SAS and R experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.