WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
We are a national leader in Construction Services with staff that supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-construction to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Transportation Construction Services Practice Leader for the expansion of our Texas Transportation Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) practice and coordination of our Gulf Coast Region Construction Services (CS) business line. This position will reside in our San Antonio or Austin offices.
- The Transportation Construction Services Practice Leader will be responsible for the overall development and execution of Michael Baker International’s Central & South geographic region Construction Services business plan for growth, recruiting, staff development, profitability and project performance with an emphasis on the Texas surface transportation market (TXDOT/Toll Authorities). This position will report to the San Antonio Office Executive and will work closely with the San Antonio and Austin office leadership team, the Gulf Coast Regional Transportation Manager and Corporate Safety Officer.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, or able to obtain within 6 months
- 15 years of experience on Surface Transportation Construction projects with TXDOT; bringing established client relationships
- Strong leadership skills and ability to generate business opportunities with existing and prospective clients predominately in the Texas Construction Services market
- Knowledge of the Construction Services market outside of Texas
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Knowledge of TXDOT construction and administration procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel between 25-50%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Primavera Scheduling Software (preferred)
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM); preferred
- Project Controls experience; preferred
- Claims Avoidance and Mitigation experience; preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.