WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges.
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
As a Transportation Department Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining trusted adviser relationships with local clients as well as determining direction and leading market awareness to including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards. As the Transportation Department Manager in our growing San Antonio, TX office you will work closely with our office executive and other local staff in the development of targeted client service action plans for TxDOT, counties, and cities. You will coordinate staff workload with other transportation departments within Michael Baker International. In addition to being responsible for successful contracting and project execution, the Transportation Department Manager will lead and participate in developing pursuits and strategic positioning for major Transportation project opportunities, including alternative delivery projects.
- The Transportation Department Manager will be responsible for leading and growing a dynamic team of engineers and designers in all aspects of design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and interstate improvement projects for TxDOT and other local clients in Texas.
- The successful candidate will deliver projects per agreed to plan, budget, program and quality objectives. They will lead, assign, and review work of the project delivery team and provide technical guidance and oversight for the design for transportation projects; check work and progress and identify changes of scope and additional services.
- Staff mentorship and development is a responsibility, as well as the development and overseeing of budgets and schedules.
- Provide strategic planning while building and maintaining relationships with key client decision makers, keeping ahead of upcoming project advertisements and changes in the clients’ organization.
- Additionally, the Department Manager will lead proposal strategies, content, etc. and participate in the business development process to win work as well as they will be a visible and an active member of the Transportation community through professional organization involvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Texas.
- 15 years of interstate, highway, or roadway design experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 10 years in a supervisory role.
- Direct relationships and contacts with TXDOT, Regional Authority and municipal clients
- Demonstrated supervisor and mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proposal writing and presentation skills, public speaking ability, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience overseeing successful project delivery with a drive for quality product and financial excellence.
- Proven track record of leading winning proposals.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.