Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an OptumRx Senior Software Engineer (developer) specializing in secure coding practices, you will have the opportunity to assess, guide and ensure security, privacy and compliance requirements are engineered into key technology initiatives for internal, B2B and B2C solutions. This will include in-house developed, acquired and vended technology leveraging on-prem, private cloud, public cloud and hybrid models.
An experienced developer, this role is accountable for leading technology engineer’s incorporation of ‘security, privacy and compliance by design’ concepts into development activities across OptumRx technology portfolio.
The OptumRx DevSecOps Sr Engineer (application developer) will play a key role with continual development of the secure coding culture within OptumRx, contribute as a stakeholder in the broader Enterprise Security Community, contribute secure code solutions to Git, and lead by example while serving as an imbedded software development resource in various scrum teams.
Time will be split between developing secure coding capability at an organizational level, leading secure coding initiatives and participating as a developer in sprints with various application delivery teams, working with the scrum teams to meet sprint requirements and increase secure coding acumen.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Professional Certifications: CISSP, CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) or other relevant
- 7+ years of application development (Java or similar) and engineering
- 3+ years of native public cloud application development
- 3+ years of developing enterprise level integration utilizing methods such as API’s, micro services, and data streaming
- 3+ years of information security, secure coding and use of secure coding tools
- Understanding and experience with full-stack engineering, Agile and DevOps delivery practices
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of meeting compliance requirements from sources such as HIPPA, SOX, PCI, NIST or HITRUST
- Experience working in the Heath Care industry
- Experience working with cloud security management or governance tools
- Experience working effectively in a large matrix organization with minimal direction
- Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis, and vulnerability remediation
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information, apply it to solution development, and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to flex behaviorally to maximize collaboration effectiveness with diverse perspectives, personalities and backgrounds
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Application Developer, Secure Coding, Security DevOps Senior Software Engineer, Security, DevOps, Software Engineer, Agile, CISSP, CCSP, Certified Cloud Security Professional, solution architecture, software engineering, enterprise level integration, API’s, micro services, data streaming, Public Cloud, Private Cloud, AWS, Azure, hybrid, full stack engineering, healthcare, Cloud security management, software security, matrix, HIPPA, SOX, PCI, NIST, HITRUST, UHG Optum, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota