Brief Description of Sunnova Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independence TM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Structuring Analyst - Business Markets Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for Structuring Analyst - Business Markets who will provide substantial analytical support for Sunnova’s Commercial Business Networks department that will be utilized to drive critical business decisions. The Structuring Analyst will develop subject matter expertise for product(s)/system(s) supported and comprehensively understand the details of features and workflows. They will manage competing priorities, navigate the technical and business constraints of an implementation, and partner with internal stakeholders and external vendors to solve complex problems. Structuring Analysts will also provide more independent project management and coordination for more complex projects and department initiatives.
Structuring Analyst - Business Markets Responsibilities
- Partners with the Business Markets team through the product discovery, assessment, contracting processes
- Research, resolves, and responds to inquiries in support of the department
- Work with technical resources to resolve any technical issues involved with projects
- Prepares analysis and reporting for key activities and projects by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; reviews reporting packages and documents detailed explanations for significant variances.
- Provide subject matter expertise for product(s)/system(s) supported, including a comprehensive understanding of features and workflows
- Supports product development, pricing, and promotions through cost analysis, accounting research, and product profitability modeling
- Uses independent judgment to analyze data and make recommendations for changes to support significant business initiatives and to drive critical business decisions
- Analyze product stack and collaborates with engineering team to model customer solutions for the Sunnova Adaptive Business TM
- Gathers all applicable data to write concise and compelling customer proposals
- Identifies key areas for process improvement through data analysis and
- strategic thinking
- Creates process documentation and process flows for current and new processes
- Assist with project management for selected projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 2-4+ years’ experience in Data analysis in a corporate environment
- Previous experience in energy related analysis
- Knowledge of utility tariff rates and structures
- Knowledge of federal, state and local incentives for solar and energy storage
- Financial Analysis experience (including ROI, IRR, NPV calculations) for leases, loans, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Experience with Helioscope and Energy Toolbase
Additional Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak knowledgeably with members of both the business, technology, and leadership teams
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings of analysis into presentations
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, relationship, and collaboration skills
- Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environments
- Desire to take ownership, be creative with problem solving, and pro-actively secure the objectives of the business
- Open-office or Remote-office environment
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.