Digital Web Content Marketing Manager
Brief Description Of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy Independence TM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Digital Web Content Marketing Manager Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for an experienced and energetic digital marketing leader to help us build new digital capabilities, enhance the digital customer journey, expand our lead generation efforts, and drive sales for solar and other energy services. The Digital Web Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for establishing Sunnova.com as a key destination site for consumers performing online research as they shop for solar energy solutions. This key position will drive the creation of web content with brand and product marketing teams that results in high search engine rankings and brings in high quality organic traffic. Key areas of knowledge and responsibility include: d igital marketing, content creation, content strategy, user experience, organic SEO, technical SEO, keyword research, demand generation, SERP ranking, performance management, link building, and content marketing.
Digital Web Content Marketing Manager Responsibilities
- Creates new website content and optimize existing content to improve organic SERP ranking and establish Sunnova as an authoritative, respected thought leader in solar energy category and related services.
- Monitors competitor activity, performs competitive analysis, and identifies keyword gaps in our content.
- Partners with the Web UX design & development team to build compelling content for each stage of the customer journey, from prospect to customer advocacy.
- Conducts keyword research to identify solar and other renewable energy topics relevant for consumers and trends that will inform the development of additional digital creative content such as blogs, articles, videos, landing pages, downloadable infographics, .pdfs and more.
- Generates weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reporting, and tracks volume and revenue progress to goals. Monitors and administers platform dashboards, reports and tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and more.
- Interprets web analytics and adjusts strategies accordingly.
Reports to: Director, Web & Digital Marketing
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or communications.
- Minimum years of experience required: 7+ years of relevant work experience implementing organic SEO and digital performance campaigns.
- Experience with performance marketing across paid digital and social channels as well as content & affiliate partnerships.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Previous success in improving SERP ranking through content strategy & development.
- Proficient with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEM Rush or other keyword research tool (Ahrefs, Moz, Screaming Frog, etc.), and Salesforce
- Success working with a dealer channel
- Previous experience in a subscription-services business
- Experience analyzing and understanding the consumer purchase path
Additional Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Understanding of ranking factors and SEO best practices.
- Advanced skills in written communication and online storytelling.
- Comfortable with data and web analytics.
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Experience with SEO best practices, principles and guidelines and with digital marketing tools such as Google Search Console, Google Optimizer, Google Tag Manager, SEM Rush, Ahrefs, Hot Jar, and more.
- Knowledge of utilizing pixels, UTMs, conversion tracking and setting up Google Analytics goals.
- Strong business acumen and results oriented.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Able to adjust to changing demands and shifting priorities.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally.
- Strong ability to think creatively, identify/resolve problems, scale acquisition channels and achieve growth targets consistently.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic-driven and entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate insights, learnings & actions plans.
- Passion for growing and building new programs and campaigns, complemented by willingness to get his/her hands dirty and be actively involved in implementation & execution.
- Ability to build trust, develop strong relationships, and lead through influence, execution & delivery.
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston; discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process .