Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Provides strategic management support to the Vice President of Transportation through oversight of all transportation support to include data and reporting, billing and financial oversight, vendor management, technology support, quality and grievances, and learning and development. Serves as the primary contact with external transportation networks and holds responsibility for associated regulatory and compliance activities.
- Create an overall vision for the ComfortCare Transportation Support team taking into account the diverse responsibilities of the team
- Facilitates the execution of process improvements, member service improvements, technology transformation initiatives and priorities that align with the transportation business strategy; ensure system enhancements are aligned with the needs of management reporting
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to own and improve operational excellence and performance management by owing the business planning that measures objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs), including setting up the cadence of review, key insights and follow up actions
- Exceptional cross-functional leadership; experienced partnering with other leaders to understand and address their needs
- Serve as the vendor relationship owner to include engagement of new and existing vendors, contract management and security risk assessments
- Partner with leaders for budget planning, financial tracking, and maintain six-month to a year out view of strategic plans to ensure deliverables are met
- Ensure timely adherence and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual billing and financial reporting
- Provides oversight for the complaints management process by leading the execution of transportation risk management framework, organization structure, policies and procedures, and regulatory and legal compliance
- Validates accurate complaint data reporting/analysis and responsible for presenting value-based interpretation to all transportation leaders on transportation trends, reputational risks, action plans and resolution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in required in Business Administration, Operations, Management or a related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree)
- 7+ years of progressive operational management, managing major process/operational initiatives, vendor management, complaint resolution and experience developing strategies, and delivering results to optimize the member experience through the use of data and analytics
- 5+ years of people leadership experiencing building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint) complimented with a keen attention to details
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
- Industry specific experience in non-emergency medical transportation
- Basic SQL and query skills
- Basic knowledge of SmartSheets
- Working knowledge of Tableau
- Intermediate to advance analytical and reporting skillset
- Highly organized and able to work well under pressure
- Solid communicator orally and written with ability to provide and receive feedback
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, understand complex business challenges and formulate effective solutions designed to improve results
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Direct Business Support, San Antonio, TX, Texas