Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
At Ankura, we tailor our services to support our clients’ requirements across a variety of matter sizes and types. Our team of eDiscovery and digital forensic advisors provide consulting expertise and end-to-end project management across the full information lifecycle from identification through production, including managed review for investigations, or litigation. Our consultants work collaboratively with clients to design efficient workflows, proactively identify and mitigate risk, apply quality control checkpoints, solve technological challenges, and provide cost-effective solutions. Our eDiscovery and digital forensics advisory team have significant experience with a broad range of industry-standard technologies and procedures. Also, our professionals have served in some of the largest and most globally recognized eDiscovery investigations. For every unique engagement, we carefully customize our approach to ensure an efficient and well-planned deployment of resources and technology.
The role has a remote USA location.
- Serve as client's point of contact and Ankura’s day-to-day leader in the management and execution of projects and workstreams involving the identification, collection, processing, review, and production of electronic data relevant to litigation or regulatory investigations. Specific functional Discovery tasks include:
- Assist clients with finding, documenting, and preventing deletion of data potentially relevant to litigation, regulatory matters, or critical business operations
- Develop solutions and strategies to collect data with special considerations for the unique environment and project-specific complexities of an engagement
- Coordinate forensic collections with client and Ankura’s forensics team and quality review collections documentation supplied by the forensics team
- Create and recommend pre-processing strategy to client
- Coordinate forensic pre-processing work (deNIST, file filters, etc.) with Ankura’s forensics team, including documenting pre-processing workflow
- Advise client on data reduction strategies including deNISTing, file extension filtering, date culling, and search term filtering
- Coordinate (provide instruction, obtain status reports, etc.) processing work with Ankura’s processing team
- Analyze exception reports, develop recommendations for handling each type of exception, and communicate plan to client
- Quality review search hit reports prior to sending to client
- Assist clients with the selection of the appropriate technology to meet specific project objectives.
- Assist with development of efficient work streams, batching strategy, and technology configuration for 1st, 2nd, 3rd tier review; as well as witness review, exhibit designation, and trial preparation.
- Conduct customized Relativity training sessions for clients, emphasizing appropriate add-on features as necessary.
- Advise clients regarding the efficient use of concept clustering, near duplicate identification, e-mail threading, and assisted review (predictive coding) within the Relativity tool.
- Design customized reports for clients.
- Troubleshoot Relativity issues with kCura and coordinate custom Relativity development work, as necessary.
- Coordinate data loads to the review tool with the Ankura’s processing team.
- Assist with written collateral to support production process, such as motions, orders, or proposals to courts and opposing counsel regarding the form of production.
- Provide proactive guidance regarding format, strategy, and timelines for production of electronic data.
- Work with client to develop production identification strategy.
Specific general managerial tasks include
- Assist in the management of finances of each engagement including developing, documenting, and tracking project budgets, adjusting budgets as appropriate, communicating changes in budgets internally and to the client, and managing the revenue forecasting and invoicing process.
- Review and discuss expectations, anticipated scope of work, and project timeline with client and Ankura’s team.
- Manage project close-out process including data return and database archival, ensuring that clients understand the implications of on-going data retention relative to their company’s policies.
- Provide clients and Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors with periodic status updates, reports, etc. throughout the engagement.
- Generate consistent and thorough documentation to support processes executed throughout the project lifecycle. Specific tasks may include writing up interview notes and drafting emails, memorandum or reports that demonstrate specific processes followed.
- Mentor, lead, and delegate tasks to junior grade colleagues to support their training and professional development with the goal of creating an exciting leveraged, team environment that offers challenging opportunities and support to all employees and is poised for continued expansion and success.
- Assist in the recruiting process by screening resumes and interviewing candidates.
- Supervise personnel including Associates, Senior Associates, client personnel, clerical support, and others as appropriate.
- Assist the business development team throughout the sales process by building relationships with current and potential future clients, demonstrating firm technology to potential clients, and providing supporting documentation, including proposals and cost estimates, regarding our offerings.
- Demonstrate business development acumen via networking and other business development activities, showcasing the ability to convert networking relationships to sales leads and ultimately, new revenue.
- Increase revenue on current engagements by identifying opportunities to cross-sell services offered by Data Analytics and Digital Solutions & Development teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, CIS, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Mathematics
- 4 years of prior experience as a consultant overseeing computer forensics and electronic discovery
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills
- Team player who is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact confidently with senior management and lawyers/partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.