If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is a strategic leader of the Care Transitions finance team within the Home and Community Care business of OptumHealth. Care Transitions, also known as naviHealth, is a leader in post-acute care within the Healthcare industry.
This position is responsible for leading the Care Transitions finance team to drive the business forward and achieve growth targets. The responsibilities of this position include analyzing trends in revenue, medical spend, general and administrative cost, and membership to facilitate forecasts and impact and influence the direction of the business. Other responsibilities include ad hoc analysis and reporting for business and finance leadership. Present findings and recommendations to management via written communications and presentations. Includes responsibility for budget planning and process leadership and managing direct reports.
- Interface with Care Transitions business leaders and build relationships to help the business continue to grow and drive the business forward
- Effective management and leadership of the broader Care Transitions finance team
- Lead monthly close analysis to facilitate understanding of monthly results against the financial plan
- Lead and facilitate monthly financial reviews of performance overall
- Lead budgeting and forecasting processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Partner with business leaders to evaluate investment opportunities and cost savings initiatives to maximize resources and create efficiencies
- Support growth/sales leaders in financial evaluation of opportunities
- Collaborate with other Home and Community Care finance leaders in support of financial planning and performance measurement including reporting and analysis
- Leverage technology and carry out process improvement activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of relevant financial analysis or accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Progressive financial work experience
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
- Occasional travel
- Solid financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
- Ability to lead and develop a team of direct reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated self-starter that enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- Direct management experience
- Healthcare experience
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.