This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director, Marketing Reporting & Analysis is accountable for providing the analytics and insights driving Optum Care marketing activities and communications, as well as determining the overall effectiveness of these tactics to drive engagement and business success. As an individual with strong analytical and story-telling skills, you will be a key contributor helping to convey marketing’s impact and influence in driving business results. You will be responsible for analyzing across a comprehensive suite of marketing tactics utilizing data from multiple sources to drive business strategy, specifically: improve client acquisition and retention, market effectively and efficiently and deliver optimum client experience. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment with a high degree of individual responsibility. This person will have analytical mindset and yet will be adept at translating highly technical information to a non-technical audience.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities for marketing business leaders
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to various stakeholders
- Consult with BU and segment marketing, sales leaders and channel partners to understand the success metrics, goals and strategic directions of marketing plans and programs
- Identify strategic information needs, conduct data and process analyses, provide actionable recommendations and work with digital marketing, demand generation, finance and other partners as appropriate to ensure that data is in place to measure that success
- Design and implement reports/info tools that serve as a catalyst for change by helping marketing and channel leaders make data-driven decisions about their programs
- Has an active role in the overall marketing campaign execution by providing insights on best practices based on internal and third party data, establishing a rigorous process for evaluating ROI of marketing initiatives
- Measure against the end-to-end client lifecycle to understand demand generation through loyalty, implement a continuous feedback loop to understand and monitor against KPIs, and create longitudinal benchmarking for trending and continuous improvement
- Develop standard and periodic reports and metrics to track overall success and opportunities; implement a marketing management dashboard to demonstrate the value and connect marketing to larger business goals
- Measure and accurately attribute the influence of specific marketing mix elements (including hand-offs to channels) in order to better align and prioritize resources and improve efficiencies
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to drive business outcomes
- Expertise with key marketing activities and systems - including Segmentation, Campaign Analytics, Email Analytics, Web Analytics and Social Properties
- Strategic thinking and analytic skills: the ability to take the insights from marketing activities and weave them together with other internal and external information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly with the ability to cross technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaboration and track record of establishing effective cross-functional partnerships and relationships at all levels in a highly collaborative environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years marketing analytics experience, with an emphasis on rigorous analytical insights using them to help develop marketing strategies
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Experience using advanced analytics packages (R, SAS, Python)
- Data visualization experience (Tableau)
- Proven strategic and analytic thinker plus tactical reporting and measurement implementer
- Strong coalition-builder and interpersonal communicator
- Master’s Degree
- Formal supervisory experience
- A background in the healthcare industry, financial services and B2B Marketing
- Experience with Alteryx
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700 (add additional reference for sales and physicians). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, technical, analyst, data