Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Director of Education
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As the Director of Education, you will be responsible for the general administration of the institution's Education Department, Program Managers, support staff and faculty. You will manager mentors and support all education staff and faculty at the assigned campus. In addition, you will assist the Campus Director in assuring compliance with all campus policies and regulatory agency requirements.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- A competitive base salary with pay increase at 90 days
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Manage and supervise the Education Department staff and faculty;
- Spearhead the institution's student retention objectives and efforts;
- Observe and evaluate faculty;
- Assist the Program Managers with hiring effective faculty;
- Train and motivate Program Managers and faculty;
- Assist with maintenance of all records required by regulatory agencies;
- Evaluate requests for transfer of credit from other institutions;
- Monitor overall student academic progress;
- Assist instructors and Program Managers with student problem solving;
- Provide the School Director with required reports;
- Participate in new student orientation;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the School Director.
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous experience as a Program Chair/Director/Manager or similar academic position required. Director of Education or Academic Dean experience in for profit education preferred;
- 5+ years of experience in teaching and administration;
- Bachelor Degree required;
- A passion for helping students succeed;
- Previous supervisory experience and knowledge;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to ensure established policy and procedures are followed uniformly.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.