Raba Kistner is a Top 200 Civil Engineering Firm, well established with over 50 years in the industry. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic HR leader to join our corporate team in San Antonio, Texas.
The Director of HR will lead the firm’s HR department to include talent acquisitions and recruiting, talent engagement, employee relations, training and development, professional and career enhancement, and compliance and legal services. The Director of HR ensures company compliance as it pertains to HR policy, federal employment law and HR related programs including but not limited to Title VII, FLSA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, etc. with an ability to develop and implement effective HR strategies in support of the Enterprise’s strategic plan. The Director of HR will also work closely with Finance and Accounting on the payroll and benefits program. The ideal person will support the Enterprise as it diversifies its service offerings while ensuring 100% employee support and transparency. The Director of HR must understand our Vision, Purpose and Core Values, performing their day-to-day activities in alignment with all three.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of human resource experience with at least 5 years in a Human Resource Manager role.
- A Senior Certified Human Resource Professional certification, SHRM-SCP or SPHR, is preferred.
- A high level of proficiency in MS Office Suite required and knowledge of HRIS management preferred.
- Experience based knowledge of human resource policy, federal employment law and HR related programs including but not limited to Title VII, FLSA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, etc. with an ability to develop and implement effective HR strategies.
- Working knowledge of taxes, including knowledge of federal, state and local income tax, employment tax, payroll tax, tax credits and incentives (preferred not required).
- Solid understanding of benefits administration fundamentals and functions, including platform and contract negotiations.
- Proven and successful track record of collaboration and leadership with the ability to interact, build trust and rapport with all levels of employees and management.
- Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veterans