UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The time has come to raise your game and help us raise ours. You've learned to lead. You've built a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. Now it's time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. As an Associate Director within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of national provider networks as well as unit cost management strategies through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable national physician networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management including expertise understanding of the implications and impact of the No Surprise Bill Act.
- Lead end to end strategy development and execution of external negotiations with large complex national physician networks including expertise in language and physician payment methodologies & rate negotiations.
- Develop and implement functional, national and/or market level contracting strategy, plans, production and/or organizational priorities and monitors performance outcomes against business targets.
- Ability to deliver accurate, confident, concise communication to senior leaders outlining priorities, plan, targets and outcomes.
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of supervisory level experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years of experience being accountable to report business results to senior leadership
- 5+ years of experience with provider contracting and negotiation
- 3+ years of experience developing product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- 2+ years of experience managing a medical cost and administrative budget
- Advanced level of knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), Anesthesia ASA ((Base Units + Time Unit) X Base Rate), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- Experience contracting and negotiating with physicians that provide services in a hospital-based setting (i.e. Emergency, Anesthesia)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director of Network Contracting, contracting, national, contracts, negotiate, director, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote