The Director of Talent Management is responsible for leading and managing Company’s global Talent Management strategy that continuously enhances the employee experience and performance of our global workforce. This role will drive the integrated Talent Management strategy of providing best-in-class programs and initiatives for 1) performance management, 2) employee engagement and surveys 3) talent management that includes succession planning, executive assessment, onboarding and coaching, and 4) career development to ensure Companyn’s can envision a life-long career here where they can do their best work, and our leaders are prepared for the future.
Performance Management and Engagement
- Lead and manage the global performance management process for all employees.
- Ensure all people leaders have the tools and training to successfully set goals, provide feedback, coaching, and productive and engaging performance and career discussions.
- Partner with global stakeholders from key business leaders to many functions across Employee Experience (Business Partners, Compensation, HR/Employee Experience Technology, Global Learning and Communication departments) to integrate, prioritize and drive performance management concepts and outcomes throughout the entire organization. Opportunities include working with HR Technology on a global comprehensive technology platform; partnering with Learning to include PM, Career and Coaching in onboarding and all learning and leadership content; collaborate with Compensation to ensure process and concepts tie to Pay-for-Performance initiatives; Support EEBP’s with the tools, materials they need to support their clients; and build close relationship with MarComm to help design and deliver engaging employee communications to drive buy-in and adoption.
- Evaluate the performance and cultural impact of performance management process globally and continuously improve.
- This position is also responsible for managing the global survey strategy and implementation including evolving the global engagement and agent surveys.
- Responsible for survey set-up through debriefing sessions and action planning, to identifying enterprise, regional and departmental trends.
- Make recommendations on engagement/culture, and workforce performance based on insights from talent-related data analysis and key HR Metrics and best practices.
Talent Management and Planning
- Design individual development plan approach for consistency of customized plans across Company and manage the development and execution of these plans with the manager, employee, and EEBP to ensure development objectives are achieved and successor is prepared for their next job.
- Partner with leaders to fill senior level positions or key project roles from hi-potential and successor pools.
- Manage and analyze all executive talent data and provide insights to EE Leadership team as well as Executive Leadership.
- Design the learning requirements for targeted development for this executive population that is experiential, and skills based. This can include evaluation of external Executive Development programs that can be utilized as a component to develop leaders as well as internal executive development experiences (learning, mentoring, special project assignments, visibility to the EC and Board)
- Provide individual assessment, development planning, coaching and mentoring to senior leadership.
- Provide a quality executive onboarding experience that supports leader’s day 1
- Provide organizational change methodology and support for Company wide strategic initiatives.
- Function as a change agent supporting departmental, regional and organizational initiatives.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, or related area or equivalency
- Required experience: Years 5-7 years. Details: Direct experience and demonstrated success in managing performance management, talent management and engagement survey implementation and integrated talent management programs
- Preferred Experience: Years: 7-10 years. Details: Combination of experience in Human Resources, Performance Management and talent management.
- Expertise in any of the following: behavioral sciences, organization development, change management, culture change, and leadership development
- Knowledge of and experience leading performance management, talent management and leadership development, organizational and group dynamics, employee engagement and surveys, and organizational and change strategies
- Experience designing succession planning and executive development programs such as mentoring and coaching programs, as well as being an effective coach
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to assemble information, extract pertinent facts, draw logical conclusions and present recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills and can relate well to a variety of levels in the organization
- Ability to present to c-suite and executive level audiences
- Demonstrated political savvy and emotional intelligence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-oriented and effective collaborator
- Resourceful and able to think critically to solve problems creatively and independently
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands
- Self-directed and comfortable dealing with ambiguity