Job Title: District Manager
The District Manager provides direction and consultation to the general managers of restaurants within a geographic area (5-12 stores) to ensure delivery of a superior service product and to maximize the profits of the restaurants. As the immediate supervisor of a group of general managers, The District Manager performs functions to ensure that staff are selected, trained, counseled and rewarded to maintain performance standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for reviewing the P&L of each restaurant in the division and identifying potential/present problems and locating source of variance in business operations.
- Directs operational and procedural activities for each unit in the division ensuring compliance with standards in the areas of quality, guest service, food cost, labor hours/costs, safety (OSHA), security, cleanliness, product preparation and employee relations and administration. Identifies problem areas and directs the General Manager in executing means to improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local laws and regulations in the areas of health, safety labor and employment, as well as any applicable company policies, guidelines and procedures. Communicates all pertinent Company information to restaurant personnel.
- Selects, hires, trains and develops General Managers and Assistant Managers, conducts performance reviews, administers salaries and initiates disciplinary action and/or termination. Evaluates performance and approves wage increases for restaurant personnel.
- Directs General managers in the maintenance of restaurant equipment and facility, including: makes independent decisions regarding equipment repair or replacement, contacts Maintenance Technicians for repair needs; approves invoices with dollar authority and follows-up on costs and/or questions with vendors; recommends required capital maintenance expenditures; and provides input in the capital budgeting process.
- Reviews administrative tasks including: personnel paperwork (new hire, terminations, leaves of absence, injury, etc.), conducts General Manager Orientations, oversees various audits, inventory and ordering of miscellaneous items.
- Directs General Managers in planning, coordinating and implementing restaurant marketing activities in the local community to promote brand products and service and to enhance community relations through special promotions, sponsorships, local advertising, etc.
- Investigates, resolves and responds to guest complaints. Performs other related activities in accordance with policies and procedures as assigned by management.
Responsible for the supervision of 20 - 50 salaried managers.
The District Manager position is often considered the most important position in the company and requires a candidate with 3 years' experience working in a multi-unit management capacity with tangible results. In addition, the District Manager must be someone who has business acumen along with the ability to grow and develop people.
EDUCATION and/or SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Business Administration or Hospitality preferred. High School degree or equivalent required.
- Capable of adapting to business needs and solving problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
- Has a functional understanding of Profit & Loss statements, costs controls, and restaurant operations.
- Demonstrates stamina, focus, compliance, and service-driven abilities.
- Able to work all shifts and days of week
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be extremely self-sufficient and resourceful
- Must live within a close proximity of the market
- Possesses and demonstrates a strong "owner's commitment' to restaurant operations, customer service, cost control, quality, employee relations and employee development
- Ability to plan and implement a budget for entire district
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- External candidates should have a minimum of 5 years working in a restaurant environment, showing career progression and verifiable results.
- Internal candidates should have a good record of achieving results and have an above average knowledge of the brand's operating procedures and standards.
- Ability to comfortably speak, write and comprehend English in a business setting.
- Successful completion of a background.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be able to perceive and react to the needs of others.
- Must be organized, flexible and able to deal with various personalities.
- Basic computer skills
- Excel preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel, and also to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Temperature controlled restaurant.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Computer, Laptop, fax, calculator, copier, cell phone.
District Manager | Area Manager | Area Coach
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.