Why join us?
We are hiring!
The Division Manager for our Central and South Texas region is an ideal opportunity for an outgoing individual to be responsible for a growing profit center. This person will based out of our San Antonio, TX or Austin, TX office. The Division Manager will oversee the business development and project portfolio for our Texas Department of Transportation client across the state.
Essentially, if you want the opportunity to manage, build, and lead a transportation practice in Texas with the support a major international design, engineering and project management firm can provide, then this opportunity is for you!
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
* Serve as the primary Client interface for Atkins in market development, relationship building and strategic partnership development with local and national firms, and project delivery, including the development and expansion of strategic clients in Texas.
* Operations Management: Manage a planning/design division with annual project revenue of $10 million with over 40 projects, including some of the highest profile projects currently in progress within the state. Assisting project managers in developing project work plans; ensure project staffing needs are met; participates in reviews of schedules, budgets, project milestone dates and work products. Reviews financial performance of projects being produced and/or managed within the area of responsibility; assists managers in proactively identifying potential problem projects to ensure remedial actions are promptly taken to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction. Monitors and enforces compliance with established quality control standards, ensuring that appropriate quality assurance activities are being performed throughout the area of responsibility. Reviews project QC plans and periodic QA compliance audits on current or recently completed projects. Assists managers in resolving problems concerning work with other work units. Conducts contract negotiations with clients and subconsultants. Monitors accounts receivable and client billings.
* Marketing and Client Maintenance: Lead the development of annual business development plan for the Division with inputs from the Atkins Market Leads and project managers of active projects. Acts as Capture Manager and support other Capture Managers in developing the strategic plan for specific opportunities with support from Atkins' National Business Development and Sales leadership. Oversee the capture including proposal preparation and review for opportunities in the Division. Actively pursues new project opportunities by maintaining contacts with current and prospective clients. Participates in the evaluation of new project opportunities and recommends go/no-go action. Maintains visibility and professional currency by participating in civic and professional organizations and encourages staff to do the same.
* Staff Administration: Assists sector, and business unit management in identifying staffing needs based on future workload and manpower projections. Reviews recommendations to recruit, hire, or transfer staff. Manage recommendations for salary offers for new hire candidates as well as salary and position adjustment actions for staff. Conducts semi-annual performance reviews and annual career planning sessions with direct reports. Provides staff with ongoing performance feedback and counsel to promote improved performance and career development. Helps staff identify and pursue technical and professional development activities consistent with their career development goals and business objectives/needs. Advises staff concerning company policies and procedures; monitors and enforces compliance.
What will you contribute?
* Bachelor's Degree Civil Engineering with a focus in transportation
* Post graduate degree preferred
* This level may be achieved by technical professionals or technical managers with 17 years of experience since B.S., with at least five of these years in positions with project management or operational management responsibilities.
* Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to manage individuals and teams, provide leadership, and manage project production
* Highly skilled at promoting the firm and negotiating advantageous contracts
* Must have business vision, excellent communication skills, and be able to represent the firm effectively to clients, key public officials, and the community in general
* Have a pre-existing network of transportation connections and regional expertise in roadway/highway design, traffic engineering, transportation planning, construction management, and alternative delivery, and program management (owners' representative)
* Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Texas
* A proven Seller/Doer with a track record of success on TxDOT projects
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
* Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
* Competitive salary
* Flexible work schedules
* Group Insurance
* Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.