Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness is a secluded sanctuary immersed in nature and situated on one of the highest points in San Antonio with breathtaking views of the Texas sky. The spa invokes the spirit of the Hill Country and Texas to inspire traditional spa offerings (massages, facials), signature experiences indigenous to the area and results orientated services integrating technology and nature to create a true sense of balanced well-being.
You will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. A massage therapist provides a variety of touch modalities for our guests as listed in the Spa Menu which include massage and body treatments. Using outstanding guest service, the massage therapist will also suggest products and services to meet the individual needs of each guest.
- Perform various types of massage treatments i.e., Swedish, Trager, Sports, etc.
- Perform facials, waxing services, make-up application, and body wraps.
- Consult with the guest to analyze skin type and facial treatment to ensure expectationss are met for a pleasurable visit.
- Proficiency in all components of massage, body and hydrotherapy, i.e., anatomy and physiology.
- Proficiency in doing a variety of body treatments in addition to being well versed in new developments, i.e., Exfoliations, masks, body polish, herbal wraps, etc.
- Proficiency in all facets of proper skin care i.e., anatomy, physiology, chemistry, masks, packs, cleansing, massage and superfluous hair removal.
- Prepare and maintain treatment area supplies daily. This includes cleaning and maintenance of facial and waxing equipment, in addition to sterilization of all instruments in accordance to the law.
- Ensure the privacy of each guest.
- Attend weekly and/or monthly departmental staff meetings as requested.
- Conduct tours of the facility as needed, to ensure a pleasant visit of each guest.
- Maintain consistent spa inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Promote and sell skin, massage, and body products.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and have full range of motion.
- Attend product knowledge training as required.
- On-time attendance and ability to work uninterrupted is required.
- Work cooperatively with other departments.
- Perform special tasks as requested by the Spa Manager.
- Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of facility.
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds.
- Keep current and up to date knowledge of changing trends and developments in the department.
- Respond to requests made by the Spa Director, Lodge Manager, and General Manager
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience providing spa treatments to others is required.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members, and resort leaders.
- Must be willing to work 3 out of the 4 following days of the week - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring attention to detail.
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must be highly detailed orientated
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs;
- Must be able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently;
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, squeezing, overhead reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently.