Under administrative direction, is responsible for managing and coordinating complex Early Head Start Program, including both the Early Head Start (EHS) and Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership (EHS-CCP), administrative projects or activities related to early education, disabilities, and wellness services, that require a high degree of specialized knowledge. Analyzes and provides data, makes recommendations, and implements solutions to achieve project goals and objectives. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
This position is a "grant funded" position and has no disciplinary appeal rights to the Municipal Civil Service Commission. This position is likewise subject to at-will employment status and can be terminated at any time for any reason.
This position is paid for by federal Head Start funds. Effective Nov. 30, 2021, the Head Start Program Performance Standards reflect mandates requiring (1) all Head Start staff and some contractors and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 31, 2022, and (2) the universal masking of all individuals 2 years of age and older as of November 1, 2021 (the "Interim Final Rule" or "IFC"). Following recent federal court challenges, the IFC is currently not in effect in Texas, pending an appeal which could happen at any time and, once they are upheld, the IFC requirements for masks and vaccines will be a requirement for employment with the City of San Antonio Head Start Program
1227 Brady Blvd. (78207)
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday Essential Job Functions
* Manages, coordinates, and oversees the Early Education Services, to include Early Education, Disabilities and Wellness Services, projects, and activities within the EHS program.
* Manages, coordinates and oversees projects and activities as assigned in the EHS program between members of the Head Start Division, various divisions and departments, public agencies, and/or private sector representatives as it relates to EES.
* Assists with the development of the joint vision of the EHS Program together with the EHS Senior Special Projects Manager (SSPM) and childcare providers related to EES.
* Manages, coordinates, and oversees the development and implementation of the annual professional development training for the childcare service providers.
* Prepares and delivers presentations to internal customers including various city departments and external customers to include partner agencies.
* Coordinates and prepares reports and correspondence in response to requests for information.
* Suggests and implements management solutions to address new or ongoing problems within EHS Program in coordination with the SSPM.
* Assists in the creation of systems to improve the quality of infant and toddler care within the service areas ensuring equity and quality in the delivery of the EHS programs as it relates to EES.
* Manages program planning and assists in the support of fiscal management of the EHS Program within the EES service areas.
* Assists in preparing and monitoring of annual EES budgets and expenditures for applicable EES services.
* Oversees the development, coordination of wellness services for the EHS program and, when applicable, assists in the delivery of direct wellness services within the EHS program.
* Assists with the development of the grant applications and delivery of program.
* Serves as departmental/divisional representative at early childhood conferences and meetings.
* Manages the performance of professional staff through reflective supervision, training, evaluation, and other approved methods.
* Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
* Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in planning, business, finance, or a related field.
* Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, psychology, or a related field.
* 3 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in Head Start/Early Head Start, early childhood education, disabilities, wellness support services, or a related field.
* Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
* Valid Class "C" Texas Driver's License or the ability to obtain within 30 days after becoming a Texas resident.
* Experience working with young children and their families.
* Experience working with families experiencing poverty.
* Experience working with children with disabilities and their families.
* Experience working with dual language learners in the early childhood setting.
* Experience working with licensed child care.
* Experience working with wellness systems, activities, and supports.
* Experience working with local Early Childhood Intervention Programs.
* Experience working with intensive coaching model systems.
* Experience working with lesson plan/curriculum development.
* Knowledge of Federal and State rules and regulations pertaining to Head Start.
* Knowledge of the State of Texas Child Care Licensing Minimum Standards.
* Knowledge of the Infant/Toddler State Guidelines/Little Texans Big Futures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of administrative and management practices.
* Knowledge of research techniques, methods, and procedures.
* Knowledge of presentation requirements and methods.
* Knowledge of accounting methods, practices, and procedures.
* Knowledge of public administration practices and local government issues.
* Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
* Ability to operate a computer and other basic office equipment.
* Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
* Ability to prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
* Ability to interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
* Ability to implement policies and procedures.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and the general public.
* Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.
* Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment with occasional exposure to hazardous materials, bodily fluids, infectious diseases and unfavorable fumes, vapors and odors.