Seton Home works to break the cycle of abuse and poverty by providing a caring home, education, and support services necessary to transform the lives of pregnant and parenting teen mothers and their children.
Ensure all clients' educational and vocational needs are met. The Educational Coordinator will oversee the enrollment of clients, organize on-site summer school, facilitating after-school tutoring and vocational programming. Responsible for completing educational attainment plans, and college enrollment in accordance with Agency policies and procedures and DFPS Minimum Standards.
* *Meet with clients to develop education goals and to complete educational attainment plans in Kalidacare database and file in education binder.
* *Meet with clients weekly to review education plan, progress, and identify tutoring needs and complete documentation on Briteworks and Kaleidacare.
* *Maintain academic records, case files, and Kaleidacare on all clients (the academic records are to include school attendance, Educational Attainment Plans, Pre and Post Educational Assessment, Education Notes, grades, and monthly progress notes).
* *Responsible for enrolling clients within 72 hours of placement
* *Complete enrollment packets for school and submit educational documents 2085, Foster Care Agreement, Education decision maker and letter of residency, health records.
* Assist prospective college students with completing college applications, scheduling academic advising appointments, applying for financial aid, and registering for classes.
* Organize and oversee on-site summer school programming
* Facilitate on-site vocational program and life skills development opportunities for residents with the use of community partners (financial literacy, job skills and readiness, tutoring)
* Engage in community outreach to establish new vocational partnerships/workshops.
* As a Seton Home employee, attendance and successful completion of a 10-day New Employee Orientation is mandated for the position. The inability to meet this requirement will conclude employment with the Agency.
* Building Collaboration
* Critical Thinking
* Solution Oriented
* Preferred Bachelor's degree in Education, Behavioral Sciences or related field.
* Minimum Associates Degree in Education, Behavioral Sciences or Related Field.
* Minimum of 6 months experience in a Child Welfare, Education or Non-Profit setting.
* License and Credentials
* Reliable transportation
* Valid driver license
* Valid vehicle insurance
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
* Experience with computer software Microsoft Suite
* Must be detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, work well independently and on a team;
* Must have good written and verbal skills;
* Must have good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, etc.) This is a Grant funded position and salary is dependent on funding availability. Position can be eliminated at any time because of lack of funding to support this position.
Seton Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To view this and other employment opportunities please visit our website at www.setonhomesa.org. You must apply through our website and complete the application and upload your resume. No phone calls please. If you are chosen for an interview, you will be contacted.