Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do.
Education Finance Specialist
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As the Education Finance Specialist, you will work within federal, state and institutional policies and regulations, to provide financial aid information and counseling services to students and families.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Why become an Education Finance Specialist?
- Challenge and expand your knowledge.
- Develop your skills in an entrepreneurial environment where you have influence.
- Work alongside an exceptional leadership team, passionate about educating future developers.
- Achieve challenging goals in an environment that provides tangible rewards.
Are you a good fit for SCI?
- You are passionate about education and commit to a "students first" philosophy.
- You embrace change and you are always excited to learn something new.
- You believe that goals are set to be exceeded.
As an Education Fiance Specialist, you will:
- Counsel and advise students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning.
- Determine the amount of aid, considering such factors as funds available, extent of demand, and needs of students.
- Compare data on students' applications, such as proposed budget, family income, or transcript of grades, with eligibility requirements of assistance program.
- Interview students to obtain information needed to determine eligibility for aid.
- Review FAFSA process with student - maintain copies of applicable federal tax returns required to complete this process; enter FAFSA data to complete needs analysis/budget worksheet.
- Ensure 100% student satisfaction; provide timely service during student appointments.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Do you have the right background?
- Education/Experience: You have a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skills: You can make mathematical calculations and reconcile records as required. You have excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Technical: You have a working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Come work with SCI
- Witness your work having an immediate and direct impact on the lives of our students.
- Challenge the status quo of education in a fast-moving company.
- Help innovate and shape the future of education.
At SCI, we celebrate a diverse team and culture among our employees as well as our students. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If this isn't the job for you, but you like what you see, then we encourage you to check out our website to view other SCI opportunities at careers.scitexas.edu/
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.