Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in either our Salt Lake City, UT, Naperville, IL, De Pere, WI or Bedford, MA offices. If the candidate does not live near one of these offices, we will consider work-from-home as well.
As an Education Specialist, you will be responsible for performing functions under supervision of department leadership for designing, developing, maintaining and delivering informal and formal learning solutions to support department processes and systems. This position also participates in collaboration with customers and project teams in support of corporate initiatives. This position’s time is allocated with approximately 50% in design, development, and maintenance of learning solutions, and 50% in delivery of learning solutions.
1. Assists with the designs, development and maintenance of basic instructional training material in a variety of formats such as, but not limited to, manuals, wikis, and/or job aids. Follows set department documentation standards to ensure consistency in all materials.
2. Participates in typically working with established customer(s) to identify appropriate learning solutions that align with course objectives and learner needs. Secures sign off of developed materials and ensures course objectives meet each customer’s expectations prior to class delivery and/or publication.
3. Assists with the design, development, and delivery of recorded learning solutions. This includes the process of storyboarding, and using appropriate technology and software to ensure a quality course offering that is SCORM compliant.
4. Prepares to facilitate training delivery by analyzing, selecting, and applying appropriate use of course material, technology, and facilitation methodology. In addition to course material, this includes the preparation and delivery of all pre and post class work. All communications pertaining to the course are to be in line with department standards, and delivered timely. Work with leadership to create and utilize job aids to support training efforts and provide trainees with applicable reference materials. Job aids may include workbooks, instructor guides, visual aids, props, wikis and scenarios
5. Learns and applies classroom management techniques to ensure an environment conducive to learning for all participants.
6. Learns and facilitates the delivery of multi-system process based course curriculum to audiences ranging in size from one to over one hundred simultaneous trainees. Training delivery may be conducted in a variety of formats, such as onsite classroom, or through the use of technology by use of WebEx or Broadcast equipment to connect with offsite locations.
7. Participates on project teams and works with Subject Matter Experts to ensure training and materials are completed accurately and timely to support project deliverables. Project involvement will be focused on initiatives that are typically centralized to a single department and or workflows. Generally the scope of the project will be less complex, short in duration and will impact a limited audience.
8. Assists to develop, implement, and monitor trainee evaluation tools regarding comprehension and ability. Provide prompt feedback to department management regarding trainee performance prior to class conclusion along with recommendations. Participates in reviewing quality data reports to identify new training opportunities and enhancement opportunities for established courses.
9. Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with department business owners.
10. Collaborates, coordinates, and communicates across disciplines and departments.
11. Ensures compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
12. Demonstrates Company’s Core Competencies and values held within.
13. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.