We are seeking to hire a professional engineer with 4+ years’ experience in commercial MEP engineering design. The ideal candidate would be a PE, have Revit experience, and be motivated to quickly move into a leadership position and manage his/her own team/office. Our firm designs projects across the country with a diverse spectrum of project types, including Mixed Use, Office, Hospitality, Multi-Family, Retail, Restaurants, Medical, and Industrial.
This career opportunity is for a self-motivated individual who wants to build and run an MEP office with the support of the Atlanta office. Candidates must be able to work independently with only general supervision and be disciplined to uphold the company's core values.
Electrical Engineering Responsibilities:
- Help our marketing team target and win new clients.
- Meet prospective clients for lunch
- Network and reach out to local architects
- Produce proposals and negotiate fees.
- Project manage MEP Teams.
- Attend kick-off meetings with local architects
- Perform site visits in the local area
- Coordinate questions/needs list with client
- Coordinate project schedules/deliverables
- Engineering support from multiple Proficient offices
- Oversee office operations
- Review workload and current staff
- Search for bottlenecks in the office production
- Interview and hire engineers
- Employee reviews
- Review revenues/expenses/profits
Electrical Engineering Requirements:
- BS in Electrical Engineering from ABET-accredited school
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering with PE (LEED AP a plus)
- MEP firm: 4 years (Required)
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit
- Charismatic personality with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Self-motivated attitude
- Strong desire to excel in this field and grow a dynamic office
Excellent company benefits