Who We Are:
Pharmaceutical and Bioengineering Department at Southwest Research Institute provides integrate solutions to the government and pharmaceutical industry clients from drug discovery, synthesis, formulation, testing, to biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
Objectives of this Role:
- Develop cell expansion bioreactor technology and cell manufacturing process for different applications in regenerative medicine and cell and gene therapies.
- Assist clients from biopharma, contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs), and research groups to use our bioreactor technology for their applications
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop experimental protocols, conduct experiments, perform data analysis, and prepare experimental reports
- Perform cell culture, cryopreservation, and develop cell expansion process. Characterize cell quality and cellular and molecular assays (microscopy, flow cytometry, UV-Vis, etc)
- Evaluate biomaterial/nanomaterial, working on biopharmaceutical, regenerative medicine, and medical device related projects, perform biological and chemistry experiments
- Work on medical product development and quality assurance to follow with ISO 9000, ISO 13485, and GMP procedures
- Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.00 GPA in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or directly related
- 0-5 years in biomedical research and product development experience, ISO 13485, GMP quality system training, project documentation and document control
- Academic or hands-on lab experience in aseptic techniques, cell culture (adherent and nonadherent), cell characterization assays, microscopy, flow cytometry analysis, etc.
- Good communication skills with the ability to succeed in a team and collaborate effectively
- Critical thinking and ability to solve complex problems
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Chemistry & Chemical Engineering home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace