Who We Are:
The SIGINT Solutions Department's mission is to support US Government, military, Intelligence Agencies, and US Allies in Research, Development, Design, Integration, Test, and Deployment of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and Specialized Communications Solutions.
Objectives of this Role:
- Work with multidisciplinary team of engineers, software developers, and technicians in the execution of complex research and development, design and programs in support of national security.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, integrate, test and deploy new signal processing capabilities in the areas of energy detection, channelization, signal recognition, signal demodulation/decoding & encoding/modulating, RF geolocation and electronic warfare and support programs
- Work with a team of engineers, software development staff and technicians to create innovative solutions that include antenna arrays, RF processing hardware, and extensive software processing capabilities including application of machine learning techniques.
- Collaborate with client technical representatives and SwRI senior engineering and software staff.
- Work at SwRI laboratories and support short-term travel to government facilities/military bases or other customer facilities for system installations and to provide technical support within and outside the United States
- Prepare technical documents and support proposal preparation as required.
- Requires an Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 0-5 years with telecommunications and communications signal processing with understanding of radar system concepts and waveforms
- Proficiency with Matlab, Linux and C/C++
- Must be familiar with telecommunications and communications signal processing with understanding of radar system concepts and waveforms desired.
- Experience with software defined radios and SDR frameworks like GNU radio and/or Redhawk/OSSIE is beneficial
- Familiarity with GPU technology and the CUDA development environment and application of AI/ML to signal processing application is beneficial
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace