- The Engineering Associate position holds the responsibility for the safe, reliable, and economic round-the-clock operation of the generation, electric transmission, and distribution systems.
- Duties include Engineering responsibilities for the design, construction, maintenance, and operation activities of our power plants, transmission lines, substations, distribution system, gas systems, control centers and others.
- These Engineering duties may include continuous monitoring and balancing of energy flow and responding to system disturbances, along with all generation, distribution, and transmission activities that provide electric and gas services to customers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes established procedures and processes to perform assigned tasks under direct supervision
- Minimal financial responsibility
- Assisting with the development and implementation of internal work processes
- Assist with gathering information for both internal and external customers
- Attends seminars, continuing education opportunities for professional development
- Performs other project and process improvement initiatives as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field from an ABET accredited four-year college or university
- Basic knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment, coordinating with other related areas to complete tasks and projects
- Effective interpersonal skills and written communication skills to work with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Ability to perform multiple work activities with a minimum of supervision and prioritize workload effectively
- Ability to use personal initiative to recognize needs and research skills to solve problems when necessary
- Ability to work call duty and occasional unscheduled work in the evenings, weekends, or holidays after experience level permits
- Ability to travel occasionally, to off-site work, to seminars, manufacturing plant inspections, etc.
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer License in State of Texas
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling
- Engineer In Training (EIT) designation from Texas Board of Professional Engineers
- Basic experience with electric distribution or transmission systems
- Technical writing experience or college course work in technical writing
- Experience with Computer Aided-Drafting systems and Bentley Microstation software
- Familiarity with ESRI GIS software and Arc FM Designer software
- Experience with SAP and Work Manager software