Curtiss Wright is hiring an Engineering Manager for their East Farmingdale, NY location.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing Project Engineering Department and supervising day-to-day Engineering functions.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of Defense Project Engineers
- Ensure timely support of contracts, programs, planning, purchasing, manufacturing, quality, assembly, as required
- Ensures adequate review of specifications for compliance with proposed design/contracted deliverable Responsible for ensuring all contract requirements are adequately captured on the Bill of Materials
- Ensures adequate preparation of drawings and procedures
- Ensure on time release of design drawings and applicable procedures
- Oversee preparation of design and qualification reports
- Oversee direction of qualification test programs
- Ensure Project Engineers provide accurate interpretation of applicable specifications and codes
- Ensures timely resolution of assembly and test problems
- Manages Project Engineering Budgets
- Coordinates Quality Assurance/Engineering interaction in relation to project requirements and product design/manufacture
- Ensures Engineering Ordering Specifications and Procurement Specifications are adequately prepared ensuring all technical requirements are sufficiently passed to suppliers
- Primary technical interface with customers and suppliers on materials and processing issues
- Ensures adequate tracking of customer submittals is properly maintained