Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As an Enterprise Integration Developer you will provide technical expertise, problem analysis, systems design and integration development services for Valero’s Information Services team. You will have significant influence on integration design and architecture. This role develops and supports system functionality using Software AG's webMethods and other integration tools to enable new or existing integration scenarios. You will work in close collaboration with developers, end-users, and other IS departments.
As a Developer on the Integration Services team, you are a member of a select team that has the ability to make an impact within many of the different departments within Valero.
Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders.
You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Demonstrate passion for continuous improvement and accountability.
- Transform business requirements for large scale systems into technical solutions.
- Partner with developers, business analysts and end-users to deliver efficient solutions.
- Demonstrate strong programming and analytical skills with a creative, user-focused mindset.
- Plan and execute complex development efforts to deliver great quality on schedule.
- Be organized and communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- A minimum 5 years of technical experience in middleware and enterprise integration using webMethods suite of products (Designer, Deployer, Trading Networks, ActiveTransfer, My webMethods Server (MWS)) required.
- A minimum 5 years experience in webMethods including but not limited to developing Flow Services, Data Transformation (XML/EDI/FlatFile), Integration Infrastructure and Web Services (REST/JSON, SOAP/WSDL) required.
- A minimum 5 years experience of object-oriented development using either Java, C# or SAP ABAP Objects (or other relevant object–oriented language) required.
- A minimum 5 years experience working with XML, XSD, XSLT, and relational databases required.
The most competitive candidates will have :
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Experience with any of the following :
- -EDI and SAP ALE/IDOC/RFC integration preferred.
- -Managed file transfer platforms preferred.
- -Other integration platform and tools – SAP PI/PO, CPI, MII, iPaaS preferred.
- -Knowledge of SOA, and object-oriented analysis and design preferred.
The above description reflects the primary job function and may not include all detailed job functions performed in the role.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding?
Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- Beautiful wooded campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.