Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Investigations, a division of the Conduct Management, is responsible for protecting Wells Fargo's assets, brand, and reputation by investigating allegations of team member or contingent worker misconduct specific to potential violations of law or dishonest acts.
This Enterprise Senior Investigator position will be supporting the Internal Investigations group within Wells Fargo Conduct Management, Enterprise Investigations.
• Independently leads internal investigations with high risk or complexity related to business process, procedure, and policy
• Exercises discretion regarding investigative actions to identify/evaluate/take action on an individual case basis
• Performs assessment of risks presented by activities
• Conducts investigation applying appropriate techniques (interview, e-discovery, evidence collection, forensic examination, etc.)
• Uses internal/external technology sources and/or contacts to gather comprehensive evidentiary materials
• Partners with HR/ER, Legal, business management and other resources to offer decision recommendations based on investigation results
• Offers solutions for identified control weaknesses
• Documents case file decision making process specific to activity investigated
• Makes risk-based decisions in compliance with company, legal, regulatory requirements
• Recommends actions in response to investigations
• May prepare and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and other regulatory reports
• May assist in case review to ensure compliance with department and regulatory guidance
• Mentors lower level staff; may provide guidance and training
• May lead projects and initiatives with significant exposure to the bank following investigative protocol
• May act as liaison with law enforcement and legal counsel
• May represent the bank in legal proceedings
• May refer activity to law enforcement for criminal/civil prosecution
***To be considered for role, candidate(s) needs to be willing to be located in the target locations listed. May be open to considering other Wells Fargo locations. Relocation assistance is not available for these positions.
***Please note: based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities within Wells Fargo.
- 4+ years of experience investigating one or a combination of the following: employee relations issues/Title VII, policy violations, internal/external fraud, financial crimes, BSA/AML, terrorist financing, or risk management involving financial crimes and/or employment practices
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Ability to mentor and train less senior staff
- Investigative interviewing skills
- Ability to achieve high production and quality standards
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Ability to present to decision makers in a professional and confident manner
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Fraud Specialist (CFS)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with complex investigations
- Knowledge of investigative processes/protocols
- Proven ability to assess, identify, and investigate allegations of misconduct
- Call Center / Contact Center Management experience
- Consumer Banking Branch Management experience
- Extensive knowledge of consumer bank systems (i.e., SVP, SVT, OIB, Mars, DIPR, etc.), processes, and contacts as resources to conduct independent assessments
- Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Ability to manage complex data requiring the coordination of internal and external resources
- Strong interpersonal skills and be highly effective in dealing with individuals regarding sensitive and sometimes controversial matters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be capable of dealing with all levels of management, team members, business partners, customers, outside professionals, and law enforcement personnel
- Familiarity with case management systems
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
MN-Saint Louis Park: 435 Ford Rd - Saint Louis Park, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
GA-Atlanta: 171 17th St Nw - Atlanta, GA
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TX
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
UT-Sandy: 10010 S State St - Sandy, UT
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.