Adecco is currently seeking an Estimator for our growing client to assist with managing multiple projects and efforts for the company.
Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned:
Managing Estimating Projects
- Displays excellent organizational skills and is able to effectively prioritize estimating tasks. Uses good time management skills.
- Coordinates project efforts and utilization as a team when needed.
Communication and Presentation
- Hands off estimating projects to the Project Manager in a clear, precise and organized
- Preparation of the estimate book is well-organized and thorough.
- Prepares a thorough, well-organized and complete product for presentation to the client
- Communicates and presents well to the client
- Bid qualifications are clear, concise and tailored to the client.
- Uses updated historical data to present accurate estimates
- Units costs are kept up-to-date and accurate
- Bid scope sheets are clear, concise and complete
- Reviews subcontractor proposal for accuracy before submitting
- Well-prepared for scope meetings
- Provides accurate quantity surveys
- Knows how to choose the right subcontractors for the project.
- Solicits appropriate quantity of subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Completes appropriate reference checks on new subcontractors.
- Efficiently uses bid system: i.e. McGraw Hill or others.
- Distributes Addendums timely and to all responsible parties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, & Outlook, office equipment such as fax machines, and
copiers, and Internet Explorer or other similar Internet tools and experience.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required; 3-5 years of related experience and/or training preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; bend; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of some of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by
employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.