Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and adaptable. No day is the same, and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different - and support each other along the way.
We are currently searching for an experienced Administrative Assistant. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. A passion for fashion is a plus! TJX is one of the industry leaders. Bring your style to work...
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. Must have a positive and enthusiastic demeanor and work well in a strong team environment.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administrative support to the General Manger and the facility which will include, but not be limited to, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, reporting, and support to other members of the Leadership Team as needed. This individual will also assume tasks of general office management, facility management, purchasing and planning special events such as visitor building tours, meetings and presentations. The person will facilitate communication and act as liaison between the GM and others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to department and facility.
- Schedules and maintains multiple calendars of appointments and meetings.
- Coordinate travel itineraries and process expenses.
- Organizes and maintains files, record keeping systems, and office layout.
- Orders supplies and arranges meetings as necessary.
- Prepares and distributes various Distribution Center operational reports in accordance with report schedules.
- Matches and reviews invoices and reconciles discrepancies. Maintains supplies inventories and re-orders stock as necessary. Contacts vendors regarding mailing and supplies.
- Oversees and monitors administrative projects
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent ; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3 plus years of related business experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a busy work environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and time-sensitivity of materials handled.
Come Discover Different at TJX - we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory - at all times of the day - and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.