Responsible for running the Kitchen operations by planning meals, supervising, and coordinating the work of the kitchen personnel, procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, seeing that food preparation is economical and technically correct complying with all ClubCorp quality standards.
The Executive Chef should have a working knowledge of applicable health, sanitation and licensing ordinances and ensuring personnel are training appropriately. He/she is also responsible for the profitable operation of the Food Preparation Department.
This position reports Directly To: General Manager or FB Director as applicable. Directly Supervises: All Kitchen Personnel and indirectly Supervises: Service Banquet Staff.
Day to Day:
- Plan Meals - Make up menus considering probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, recent menus, and religious or other holidays. Assign prices to items on daily menus cooperating closely with the FB Director and/or General Manager who usually plans and assigns prices to articles on menus for banquets and other special Club occasions. Appropriate Menu engineering worksheets to be completed utilizing the food and beverage point of sale system for accurate item analysis. Creates, communicates, and distributes appropriate information to Employee Partners to execute menu production. Posts a copy of menu in conspicuous place in kitchen or distributes a copy to each Chef and Cook.
- Direct overall cooking. Checking methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods by tasting or smelling them.
- Procurement of food supplies and kitchen equipment, including organization of inventories and approve the quality of all foods received.
- Consult with FB Director and Private Event Director concerning Club banquets, settling such points as cooking, and serving arrangements and the need for additional employees.
- Representing the Club in Member/Guest interaction including daily table visits, soliciting feedback, working with various committees, and promoting the Club within the community and industry. Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last-minute requests as needed.
- Interviewing, selecting, and hiring of employees of all kitchen personnel.
- Direct the training, advancement and promotion of employees as required.
- Implementing company policies and supervising to ensure others properly implement and administer company policies, including disciplining employees, substance abuse, firing, etc.
- Planning, scheduling, and adjusting hours of work and specific responsibilities among employees. Payroll calculation management.
- Responsible for keeping cost accounts and assigning such prices to food items that will result in net profit for the back of the house.
- Required to meet budgetary guidelines for food cost, labor cost, and miscellaneous costs.
- Analyzing the workplace and implementing policies and ensuring policies are carried out to provide safe workplace practices for employees, including resolving all safe workplace practices issues
- Participate with FB Director in inventory, ensuring valid counts and pricing as required.
- Proper management of Point of Sale system.
- Partner with fellow Employee to provide the three steps of service (warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells) to all guests. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Assist fellow Employee, Members, and guests to ensure delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify appropriate Management staff of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recovery any complaints as soon as possible
- Minimum 3-5 years as executive chef required including supervision of kitchen staff, cost controls, product knowledge, quality controls and sanitation
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- County Food Handlers Permit.