At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Our Global Engineering People Strategy (GEPS) team are currently hiring Experienced and Senior Global Engineering People Strategy Project Management Specialists (Virtual) to join its growing team. GEPS is the engineering organization that owns the Invest In & Empower Our Teams piece of Boeing's Engineering Strategy. The team coordinates and partners with all aspects of our 54,000+ Engineering organization to simply make engineers lives better. Have you ever wanted to work on ways we engage with universities, understand how we face into the many external technical affiliations, think about different ways we could develop our engineers, or develop how we could accelerate engineers to productivity faster? If so, then this is the team for you!
You will have the opportunity to play a key role in supporting the GEPS team and various efforts/initiatives by way of an opportunity within one of the below teams:
- The External Technical Affiliation team is seeking individuals to support the company-wide engineering strategy around utilizing ETAs as a means to cultivate and acquire a diverse talent pipeline and develop Boeing's brand as a top company of choice in the global industrial market. The selected candidate will become a member of the ETA program management office and help execute the broad portfolio of Engineering ETAs.
- The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Attraction team is seeking individuals to help us surpass our goals for diverse representation, innovative approaches to equitable recruiting and hiring, and driving inclusive talent marketing across our engineering portfolio. This team will lead our initiative to position Boeing as an employer of choice for all top talent.
- The Acquire team is seeking individuals who will help support university workforce strategies and initiatives that fully leverage regional, domestic, and international Higher Education outreach and engagement to attract a diverse talent pipeline. They are also seeking individuals to help manage and work projects to help accelerate the hiring process across the engineering organization
- The Planning & Integration team is seeking individuals to support the focus on executing strategies for monitoring, accessing, anticipating, and meeting engineering staffing requirements across the enterprise. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the integration of engineering skills teams' usage of enterprise demand planning and forecasting tools, key metrics, and data analysis to identify and access actionable plans.
- The Onboarding team is seeking individuals to lead and support the engineering on-boarding strategy to ensure engineering talent can rapidly gain access to the tools and knowledge to help them successfully navigate their career experience at Boeing. This individual will be a systems thinker who can seamlessly integrate and develop resources resulting in a dynamic onboarding experience.
- The Retention team is seeking individuals who are excited about the opportunity to ensure our engineers have a rich experience across their career lifecycle. They will support management of the technical talent health framework, support existing and developing initiatives to reward, recognize, and engage employees. This individual will be a solid integrator able to manage a portfolio projects, establish feedback loops, use metrics to scope opportunities, and engage across a broad group of stakeholders.
- The Development team is seeing skilled individuals to accelerate establishment and implementation of an integrated enterprise level engineering development strategy that streamlines the growth and learning opportunities across engineering. This includes supporting the technical excellence team, driving operational excellence in rotation programs, enabling engineering career pathing tools and resources aligned to enterprise strategy, interfacing with engineering stakeholders to manage learning and training requirements and deliverables, and partnering with functional stakeholders for success. This is individual will be an experienced professional able to lead from strategy to implementation, lead through influence, and drive successful outcomes.
- The Global team is seeking individuals to help develop and execute the strategy for ET&Ts global design centers with an emphasis on placing the right work in the right location. Additionally, candidates will support activities designed to engrain a "global mindedness" approach to doing business across the Enterprise including working with our partners in IT, GTC, Finance, the functions, and the Business Units. Key products that this team develops include metrics on Global engagement, country and skill strategies, and standard approaches to training and onboarding.
- Project manage, coordinate, and execute strategic Engineering workforce initiatives
- Collaborate with Engineering Business Unit focals, Workforce focals, Chief Engineers, and Human Resources to quantify and prioritize critical talent needs and connect them with our diverse workforce goals to develop customized hiring strategies
- Communicate plans and strategies with senior/executive leadership
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Auburn, Washington. Occasional travel will be required to support engagements and Technical hiring events including occasional weekends (approximately 20% of time)
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience with project management
- 5+ years of experience in building and presenting plans or recommendations to executive leadership
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining relationships with customers, stakeholders, peers and partners
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of project management experience leading a multi-disciplined team in managing the cost and schedule for the design and development
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical personnel at all organization levels including suppliers and customers
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work in fluid and ambiguous fast paced strategic organizations
- Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and
- present information to a variety of audiences
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Level 3: 87,550- 120,510
Summary pay range for Level 4: 107,950- 148,590
Summary pay range for Level 5: 132,600 - 182,520
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. - provided by Dice