The FSO, Senior position is a multi-faceted role that includes CPSO and CSSO duties and requires in-depth knowledge of Industrial and Program Security, along with knowledge of generating DD254s to include subcontractor DD254s, Access Commander, conducting semi-annual self-inspections including physical inspections of secure rooms, and COMSEC.
- The successful candidate will work closely with various Government Agencies and Program Offices submitting access level nominations, processing personnel paperwork, administering indoctrinations, document control, visit requests, and security education and training.
- The successful candidate will administer the overall Alion security program for San Antonio and will provide guidance and support to Alion field sites. The candidate will also perform other duties as directed.
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of DOD and other industrial security programs and activities to ensure compliance with government and company security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Develops and administers security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment in coordination with government agencies and management personnel. Administers Closed and Restricted Areas. Knowledge of SCIF’s is a plus.
- Reviews and implements federal security regulations that apply to company operations.
- Obtains rulings, approvals, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies.
- Prepares manuals outlining regulations, and establishes procedures for handling, storing, and keeping records, and for granting personnel and visitor access to restricted records and materials.
- Prepares and conducts security education classes and security audits.
- Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Performs status checks on current investigations, determining upcoming reinvestigation dates, and relaying that information back to each employee.
- Conducts security self-inspections, physical security surveys, and threat/vulnerability assessments.
- Ensures accuracy of the security clearance data base and document control using the Access Commander database.
- Interfaces with government customers on security related issues.
- Ensures that classified information entrusted to the company is properly safeguarded as outlined in federal controlling instructions.
- Responsible for preparation, management and interfacing with the Defense Counter Intelligence Security Agency (DCSA) during audits.
- Experience as a COMSEC Custodian and keying devices.
- DCSA FSO certification for possessing facilities required.
- In-depth working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM).
- Thorough knowledge of using/applying US Government online programs such as the Electronic Personnel Security Questionnaire (EPSQ); Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), Defense Information System for Security (DISS) and the National Industrial Security System (NISS).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must have an Associate Degree or higher with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a security professional supporting the Department of Defense or Intelligence Community programs with knowledge of the NISPOM, ICDs, and 5205.07.
- Candidate must work well in a team environment and possess excellent speaking, writing, organizational, and customer service skills.
- The candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple tasks and work well under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Candidate should have proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, DISS, NISS, and SWFT.
- Must possess a current Top Secret clearance with an in-scope background investigation as well as have an ability to meet Top Secret/SCI eligibility requirements.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info