Are you ready for your next mission? If so, consider the Leidos team! This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a team of highly trained and a talented professionals.
The Field Service Technician will be part of a dynamic team supporting the G2 Army Intelligence IT Environment Support (ARIES) program which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. Successful candidate will have a demonstrated capability of resolving Tier I and II hardware, software, and application problems without supervision. Will troubleshoot hardware, software, and office automation devices in support of the Service and must be willing and able to support small sites/locations solo. This position will be based at Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
• Provide in-person and remote Tier 1 and 2 IT support to customers as part of a team or working solo across multiple networks and across multiple facilities and locations
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Operating Systems, desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; depending on location and staffing, may need to operate & maintain servers and storage devices
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Cisco network devices and LAN functionality & connectivity; TACLANE experience a plus
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs
• Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access
• Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely, and using PowerShell, RDP
• Complete basic and advanced hardware and infrastructure work as directed, including: running cable and cable management at both workstations and in server rooms, workstation installations, checking UPS systems, replacing hardware components of laptops & desktops, basic printer maintenance
• Track all work in designated systems (such as Remedy), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day or night shift
• In & Out process users, including creating accounts, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers
• Schedule Video Teleconferences and de-conflict scheduled conferences as needed
• Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead
• Requires active TOP SECRET clearance with immediate eligibility for SCI
• Required ESITE Level 2 Education & Experience: HS Diploma/GED 6+ years experience, or Associate’s Degree 4+ years experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years experience
• Required 8570.1-M IAT II (or higher) Baseline Certification, such as: Security+|CE
Preferred Computing Environment certifications, such as: Server+, CCNA:R&S, MCSA:Server, or MCSA:Win10
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.