Combine two of the fastestgrowing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Finance Manager will support the OptumRx Home Delivery distribution channel. This role is responsible for business analytics and forecasting focused on cost of goods sold. This position will support, annual planning and quarterly forecasting, cost of goods sold metrics and ad-hoc analysis. This person will develop in-depth financial models and analytics to aid industry relations partners, facilitate, and influence the execution of cost of goods sold initiatives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop models and self-service tools to provide industry relations partners with actionable timely insights into COGs opportunities
- Supporting and collaborating with OptumRx pharmacy partners to develop models and self-service tools to generate insights and opportunities to optimize drug ingredient COGs
- Monitoring pharmacy marketplace changes, quantifying internal impacts, and concisely communicating to any relevant stakeholders
- Generating annual financial plans and quarterly forecasts for cost of goods sold
- Monthly analysis of COGs trends, and initiative performance
- Lead development of business/financial case for specific initiatives or capital investments
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis or consulting experience
- Experience in Pharmacy, PBM or Benefits consulting or related
- Solid analytical background, attention to detail, and experience managing big data sets
- Solid executive presence, communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Solid ability to work collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Sass or other related experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Financial Consultant - Eden Prairie, MN, Business Ops, Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote