Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is accountable for the management of financial models and performance for the Optum at Home business within Care Services. This position will work with key leaders to support a rapidly growing product with sound financial analysis and planning for expansion opportunities. Positions in this function facilitate forecasts and analyze trends in SG and A, membership, revenue, and medical costs.
- Interface with business leaders and build relationships in support of financial planning and performance measurement including reporting and analysis
- Partner with business leaders to evaluate investment opportunities and cost savings initiatives to maximize resources and create efficiencies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Manage business relationship on behalf of the broader Finance organization and Leadership
- Leverage technology and carry out process improvement activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5 or more years of relevant financial analysis or accounting experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Progressive financial work experience
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- MBA or CPA
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Healthcare experience with Medicare Advantage or full risk contracts
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Finance Manager, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota