Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Financial Accountant Senior for our San Antonio facility.
Executes and advises on accounting functions, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations, financial results for internal and external purposes, audit support, and financial analysis.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Applies advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT) and regulatory accounting treatment to complex accounting transactions and shares understanding of key implications.
- May assist team members in developing knowledge of various accounting transactions.
- Makes recommendations, prepares and communicates processes and procedures, financial results and analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in resolving accounting issues and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Performs in a financial accounting advisory capacity to operational business leaders on matters pertaining to business initiatives or strategies. Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business partners.
- Leads special projects related to financial accounting and coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Resolves issues and provides informed, proactive reporting and analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools impacting financial accounting that may impact the finance organization.
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an effective and efficient financial system.
- Reviews the work of team members and provides guidance and coaching when issues arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; OR a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree when coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 6 years of relevant work experience performing accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results for internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
- Advanced knowledge and application of GAAP and STAT or regulatory accounting practices.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively with internal and external team members.
- Advanced knowledge of financial or accounting data analysis techniques and statistical methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technical accounting and reporting disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- CPA designation.
- Public accounting experience.
- Lease accounting experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.